"The urge to draw must be quite deep within us, because children love to draw" - David Hockney
In Year 8 students will continue to develop and refine their skills and techniques studying a range of different projects including Op Art, Perspective Drawing and Self Portraits.
As your child considers their GCSE options, students are encouraged to demonstrate greater independence, refining ideas and creating individual personal responses to the given topics.
Students will be able to:
• Explore drawing skills to create an Optical Illusion.
• Create one point and two-point perspective drawings.
• Draw a self-portrait in proportion.
• Demonstrate a deeper understanding of colour theory.
• Use a variety of different skills and techniques to create a personal response which clearly links to independent artist research.