Personal Development: Our Futures Programme
At Beckfoot Upper Heaton we are proud to be a very busy school with lots going on to complement and enhance the taught curriculum so that our students develop both academically and personally.
Our Beckfoot Upper Heaton learner represents the skills and values which are needed for success and happiness both in school and out.
We believe Personal Development is as important as academic development and plan for it to be a golden thread that runs through all that we do.
Personal development is about how children come to understand who they are and what they can do.
Social development covers how children come to understand themselves in relation to others, how they make friends, understand the rules of society and behave towards others.
Emotional development concerns how children understand their own and others’ feelings and develop their ability to be empathetic – to see things from another person’s point of view.
Our programme is developed to bring the best out in every student. We leave no child behind.
Our Futures Programme comprises of:
- Health and Wellbeing Education
- Relationships Education
- Living in the wider world
Activities: (age related)
- Tutoring and Assembly programme (age appropriate)
- Wider Learning Days and Events for example Career Education, Relationship and Sexual Health
- Guest Speakers (We are proud to be a Speakers for Schools Partner school)
- Curricular trips - subject specific
- Extra-curricular clubs (see timetable below)
- Student leadership opportunities
- Social action activities and charity work (We are proud to be a First Give school)
The list is not exhaustive and the activities are not just optional extras – we see them as critical to academic and life success.
We actively encourage all students to try their hand at new things and engage with people from other year groups; ultimately to Enjoy, Learn and Succeed.PersonalDevelopmentMap