3rd February 2021
Children’s Mental Health Week
This week is Children's Mental Health Week! Now more than ever, it is important that we look after ourselves both physically and mentally. So, what are we doing at Beckfoot Upper Heaton?
Every pupil has been sent a pupil survey on Class Charts so we can find out exactly how you are getting on during this challenging time. We want to help! The theme of this year's Mental Health week is "Express Yourself" so express away!
Miss Teale is running some mental health sessions within her PE lessons because we all know how exercise makes a difference to how we feel about ourselves and the world.
In tutor time we want you to express yourselves about the Votes for Schools topic - will learning ever be the same? We think that is such a great and current topic, and we know you will have plenty to say!
We have loads of resources for you on this website in the Student section, so get looking! We are delighted to share the WOW packs from Think For The Future, who are our school's Behaviour and Resilience mentors. We also love the Teen Guide to Surviving Lockdown from Clued up Coaching 2020.
And we have not forgotten parents and carers - who deserve a medal right now! Please head over to the parents' section, grab a cup of tea and browse our resources - we want to help you to help your child - look out for the wellbeing challenge which is full of great activities you can do together.
At Beckfoot Upper Heaton, Mental Health is not just a week. Mental Health is something we focus on every day, all year round.
Did you know we have many initiatives in school to support our pupils? We have:
- Think for the Future's resilience mentor in twice a week, and the impact he is having is already making a difference to our young people
- Cameron Parker from Dreams 2 Reality runs motivation sessions with year 11
- Mrs Evans delivers extra-curricular mindfulness sessions twice a week
- Youth in Mind are doing 1-1 sessions with our pupils
- Miss Knight, Miss Evans, Miss Teale, Mrs Ragan and Mr Forster have had training with the Mental Health Foundation to train pupils in Year 9 to run their own workshops for year 7
- Finally, each of the Personal Development Leads are training with Place2Be to be Mental Health Champions.
Please get in touch with Mrs Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!