Free School Meals
How do you qualify for Free School Meals?
You can apply for free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school or call the Education Service on 01274 439393)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
To apply for free school meals, you can do this online through Bradford Council: Apply Now or by telephone on 01274 432772.
Once you have applied for free school meals and you qualify, your child/ward will be automatically added to the school’s council list, please do this in good time, as we will not be able to provide a free school meal until your child/ward have been added to the school’s council list.
How would your child access the Free School Meal?
The Free School Meal allowance is downloaded automatically onto your child’s catering account and payment for food is made in exactly the same way as all other students. It is completely confidential; no-one can tell if a student is having a free school meal.
If you require any further information on free school meals, please do not hesitate to contact the school.