1st August 2022
School Uniform Expectations
Dear Parents/ Carers,
As we approach our new school year, high expectations and consistency are our key focus, and this includes our school uniform. At Beckfoot Upper Heaton we believe uniform is important for our sense of belonging, establishing equality and to prepare students for future work and careers where dress codes are important.
From September we will expect all students to have full and correct school uniform. As we look to the start of the school year, we would like to remind you about our uniform expectations which are as follows:
- School blazer (with Logo) - to be worn at all times.
- Trousers- Plain black trousers. Jeggings, jeans, leggings, footless tights and jogging bottoms are not acceptable and will not be tolerated in school.
- Skirts- All skirts must be knee length.
- Plain white school shirt or blouse - these must be tucked in at all times and the collar buttoned.
- School tie (now colour specific to each year group) - to be worn at all times and not taken off for any reason whilst in school and travelling to and from school each day. Each student will be given a tie on their first day back (free of charge). If this new gifted tie is lost or misplaced parents/carers must pay for a replacement through our school ParentPay site or at Natasha’s Uniform Shop in Bradford.
- Black shoes- must be plain and all black. Trainers, boots, pumps or canvas shoes are not permitted. Please see our website and page 2 of this letter for acceptable styles of footwear.
- Bag- All students will be expected to carry a bag so they can keep their schoolbooks, planner and equipment safe and in good condition.
For PE students will be expected to have a BUH branded polo top and black PE jogging bottoms (ideally be BUH ones), but plain black with no other logo is acceptable. When the weather is cold and for any religious or cultural reasons, black skins or a long sleeved plain black t-shirt may be worn under the school PE polo top. The school PE hoodie can be purchased as an option and worn during PE time; however, no other hoodie is to be worn at school at any time. They are not part of our uniform and so will not be permitted. We advise parents/carers to ensure their child/ward comes with an outdoor coat especially when the weather is cold in the winter months.
Finally, to ensure your child/ward is ready for learning and the day ahead, all students must come prepared with equipment. As a minimum this is a black or blue pen, a pencil, eraser and ruler. From September, where these expectations are not met by pupils, a 30-minute detention will be issued after school on the same day and parents will be asked to come into school with the correct item of uniform.
Should you need any support in providing the correct uniform, please get in touch with school at email@example.com before the start of the next academic year. We will also be having a nearly new sale of school uniform, including school blazers for £3, at school on Monday 22nd August 10am-12pm to meet your uniform needs at a fraction of the cost. We look forward to welcoming your child/ward back in September and we would like to thank you for your continued support.
Graeme Wrightson Dawn Morgan-Davis Melissa Horsfall
Headteacher Deputy Headteacher Uniform Compliance Lead