L O G O N T O Y O U R E M A I L S
ClassCharts - Home Learning
We introduced a new tool called ClassCharts for students, teacher and parents to support home learning in the Summer Term 2020. This enables you to:
- See exactly what homework you have been set
- Check the date it was set and when it is due in
- See a weekly calendar / overview of homework set
- See which teacher set the homework
- Access any information, attachments or detail provided how to complete the homework set
- Receive feedback for completed work
- Contact your teachers for help with work set
How Do I Access This Information?
You can do this in two ways:
- By accessing the public homework calendar on the school website (click on the ClassCharts logo above)
- Download the ClassCharts Student app, or access the ClassCharts website (login details have been emailed to you)
Advice for Learning at Home
Without your teacher giving you instructions, showing you how you might complete a task, giving you feedback and advice throughout the lesson, you might find it hard to work as effectively as you do at school. The following advice is to help you do your very best when working from home.
- Don’t worry if you can’t complete all the work during normal school hours. We understand that this might not be possible and that you may be sharing your devices with other members of your family.
- Expect to work a bit slower and give yourself time limits where appropriate. Without your teacher pestering you to stay focused, you might find it harder to complete as much work as you would in a classroom environment. We are aware that some students will find it harder to be focused at home, but just try and do your best and let your teacher know if you need extra support.
- If you can, try to work without other distractions so that you can fully focus on the task in hand if possible. Take regular breaks and give yourself rewards after completing tasks.
- If you need to talk to your teachers about your work, you can email them any relevant questions you might have about a particular topic or task.
- Any work you do on paper, look after it! If you want to upload written work for feedback, you can take a picture and upload it as an attachment through ClassCharts.
- Do speak to your parents about your work. Share what you have done, what you have learnt.